Working with Superintendent Dr. Lisa Dana, she is mindful of what her students, parents and staff need to be successful which is reflected in her strategic vision for the future.
Danvers Public Schools has been with us since we first entered the education market in 2012. What makes DPS unique is how the district embraces technology. Since we started working with them we have had the privilege to consult on developing a multi-site network for the district, a staff intranet portal that seamlessly integrates with Google Drive, a student lead logo redesign project.
Our latest work, a cross platform iPhone and Android app providing students and parents an easy way to connect with the events, news, social media and so that the district can push important announcements out to smartphones.
This cross platform mobile application has the following key features:
- Events – feeds are dynamically pulled from Google Calendars, allowing one-click subscribe to event calendars on the device
- News – pulls directly via the website’s WordPress REST API
- Social Media – integration provides quick access to the district and school social media accounts with the ability to follow from the app
- Staff Directory – display searchable staff directory dynamically populated with information from the existing website
- Powerschool – quick access to grades and other features provided through Powerschool on the app or via the mobile view
- Lunch Payments – letting students and parents complete lunch payments securely through the app
- Push Notifications – for up-to-the-minute alerts and updates for lockdowns, school closings and other emergency notifications
We chose Stirling because they are a small company that really listened to the needs of our districts. The staff is very professional, comprehensive, knowledgeable and always willingly to share their expertise with us…I would tell a new client to expect to have fun learning about technology and always ask questions, sometimes it was a little apprehensive but Stirling was always there to help us with the answer and figure it out together. – Dr. Lisa Dana
This app is due for release later this year in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
Danvers Public Schools Cross Platform App
- View Project